Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Paper Weave Card

Hey everyone! This paper pad was calling to me so I decided to make a cute card out of it. I love all the paper in this collection, so I saw a Card Map from PageMaps.com and it gave me some good inspiration today! : ) This is the template at the bottom of what gave me inspiration.

Here's my version of the card!

I wanted to make it simple but I got to use all of the patterns in the pad! : D


Guess whats in the basket today!

ZING! White embossing powder
Dear Lizzy paper pad
VersaMark Ink Pad
Kraft Cardstock
Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set
Martha Stewart Scoring Board
Martha Stewart Heat Gun

This card was so easy to make! Shows how some inspiration can go a long way! : )



Here I have my basic Kraft cardstock base of 4-1/4x5-1/2. The pattern paper from the Dear Lizzy Pad is 4-1/4x5-1/2, the same size as the base layer. I decided to use the same colored Kraft cardstock than the white. But the third layer is cut at 3-5/8x4-7/8. 


Here I took my favorite patterns from the pad and cut them into strips of 3/4.


Here is another lok of the strips of paper with the paper pad! I just love this pad! : D My favorite!


Here as you can see I took the strips of paper and started weaving them. I suggest testing it out and experimenting with what you would like to see. I want a sentiment at the bottom right so I made sure to trim it at the bottom later on. (Again I used the Kraft cardstock instead of the white).



Here the strips are marked where exactly I wanted to trim the lengths off.


Here I almost have my finished product! : D I trimmed the strips of paper. I also added that Kraft card layer I've been talking about. Looks a lot better if I do say so myself. But I made sure to trim the darker floral paper up so I can stamp my sentiment. I adhered the first layer onto the base, then the kraft. I finally adhered my strips of paper with the weaved look.


Ok! The last step! I stamped my sentiment in VersaMark Ink and added the embossing powder. I heated it with my Heat Gun and there you go! : ) Warning the heat gun can warp the paper, so I would suggest letting it heat up a bit before you use it and to heat the card itself a bit.


Here is the finished card! I love it! : ) So simple and yet pretty! Thank you for tuning! : ) See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment