Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Summer Flag Card

Hey everyone! Hope your week is going well.. As you can see there has been more free time for me and the cardmaking will begin to pick up! I hope your enjoying my tutorials! : )


Here's the card for today! : ) I really like the layered look from the card on Tuesday so I decided to replicate it again some how. I also found these flags from a die cut pack I bought at Micheals Craft store around Valentines Day that I never used so this works out well! : )


Here's the supplies basket for today! : )

My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Paper Pad
K&Company Flag Die Cuts
Versa Mark Ink Pad
Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set
Modern Label Punch
Word Window Punch
Zing! White Embossing Powder
Gel Pen
Small dimensionals
Pink Cardstock
Corner Rounder
Red Gems
Pink organza Ribbon

Thats a mouthful! But great results come with it! ; ) By the way feel free to email me pictures of your designs and you could be featured on the next card tutorial!


Here I did the same layer idea from Teusday's card and I used my 4-1/4x5-1/2 pink base cardstock, the cut my patterned paper at 4-1/4x5-1/2. I then cut some pink cardstock out at 3-5/8x4-7/8.


Here I took my third pink cardstock layer and I corner rounded the edges of the layer and then I cut some pink organza ribbon and addhered it to the back. I took a small red gem and placed it in the bottom left corner as well!


Here I punched out with my Modern Label Punch out of the second layer pattern and then I used my sentiment 'Just For You' And used the same technique as the card on Tuesday.
- Stamp the image/sentiment in VersaMark Ink
- Spread embossing powder over the entire stamped image
- Tap off extra and heat with heat gun
This is so simple and looks great! Then I punched it out with my Word Window Punch and placed dimensionals on the back of it. And adhered the punched images to eachother and then onto the bottom right of the card.


Here I used my flags and spread them out evenly and adheared them to the layer just below the ribbon in a curved shape.


Here is the final look. I used my white gel pen to add some dash lines at the top above the ribbon and a line with bows for where the banner goes. Every detail counts in card! Don't ever forget it! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment