Monday, February 27, 2012

Simple and Easy St. Patricks Day Card


Hey everyone! I decided to make this week devoted to St. Patricks Day Cards. Of course you can use these ideas for other occasions.. but this card is extremely simply and easy to make!! Enjoy!


Here are the supplies! As you can see it's simple and easy!

Stampin' Up! Wild Wasabi Ink Pad
Stampin' Up! Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set
Stampin' Up! Corner Rounder Punch
All Natural Hemp - Tan (You can use an twine or string you'd like)
Creme cardstock base
3 Pieces of scrap green patterend paper
White Gel Pen
Oh SNAP! I forgot to add in the Scallop Scissors I've used on previous tutorials. Sorry!
Let's Get Started!


The cardstock base is different from my usual. The creme is trimmed at 4.5x11 and scored at 5.5. There are four strips of different pieces of patterned paper. I just cut the three at 1.5x 3.5. Then I used some scrap 12x12 piece of Wild Wasabi Polka Dot by BoBunny. For the strip in the middle of the card, I used the plain back of the polka dot cardstock.

Now I trimmed the green cardstock with the scallop edge scissors and adhered it to the card. I believe this was measured at 2.5x4. Now I cut three little slits into the side on each side for the hemp.


Here I tied the string. Leave a comment if you want to see how I did tied the hemp. But I stamped Happy St. Patricks Day down at the corner in Wild Wasabi Ink and I added white gel pen stitching on the card. Thanks for reading! Keep on Scrapin!





1 comment:

  1. Carly,
    I love your tutorials! I love your color choice. I like how you cut little slits on the side for your hemp! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete