Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentines Day Card

I just wanted to make a Belated Valentines day card featuring some Stampin! Up products and I used the cuttlebug, you can interpret this card any way you'd like, Heres how!

First your going to start off with standard card size 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 and scoring at 4 1/4. I used some light pink card stock. I used the Martha Stewart scoring board.
Next your going to take another sheet of card stock I used red and cut it at 1/8 smaller than the pink card stock.
Your going to take your cuttlebug next using the A plate and B plates I used Swiss Dots embossing folder and placed my red stock inside the folder and cranked it through.
If you have ever used a cuttlebug before you'll know that the folder has now raised one side of your paper with a pattern of your choosing.
Adhere the now embossed red card stock to the pink card base.
Your going to make the diamond shape next.
Cut a light pink 3x3 square and layer a 2 3/4 by 2 3/4 red square and adhere that to the pink square. Then cut out a 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 white square don't adhere this just yet!
Your going to take a heart stamp of your choice I used the Stampin! Up Sprinkled Expressions. Take a red ink pad of your choice and stamp this on the white card stock square diagonally. (Look at the picture for reference).
Next adhere this white square to the pink and red square.
Your going to take the squares and adhere them diagonally to the card some where in the middle closer to the bottom.
Now for the hearts I used Stampin! Up heart punch and punched out 3 hearts in light pink. Next I took the smallest of the hearts and punched it out of red card stock. I ran those 3 through the cuttlebug and adhered them to the other 3 hearts.
I took some skinny champagne colored ribbon and adhered it to the card at the top along with the hearts! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment