Monday, March 5, 2012

Card Challenge #1 - Hello


Hey everyone! : ) Just a reminder this is the first day of my 30 day card challenge! : ) Your welcome to make cards with me and email them and I will post yours on my blog with your name if you would like! But keep reading for more information along with this card! There is also a video to this card located in 'The Basics' tab.


Here's the supplies I used for the card as you can see its pretty minimal : )

DCWV Old World Stack
White Gel Pen
My homemade Baker's Twine (See Video)
Kraft Cardstock


Here I cut random strips out of the patterned paper and cut a little triangle out at the end and adhered them to the standard 8.5x11 Kraft Cardstock base.


Here I left a little space between the strips of paper and outlined in pencil my sentiment.


Now I reoutlined the pencil with my white gel pen.

As you can see here I just added my homemade bakers twine and tied it in a bow. Then went around the edge with white stiching.

I hope you enjoyed the card today! Tune in for the next 29 days for more cards!










4 comments:

  1. I love your home-made twine. That's a great way to have every color. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I will have a video up later on how to make it! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I started out with card 2 and had to come back and see the first card. Never realized that 'The Old World ' had such pretty colors. I guess I'll have to look at it more closely.
    Your 'Basic' card would brighten anyone's day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I bought it originally for a scrapbook.. but I never used it. But I love the purple it's my favorite! Thank you!

      Delete