Tuesday, March 13, 2012

30 Day Challenge Card #6 - Floral Friend


As you know I don't do cards on the weekend! But due to the Sun Flares recently my internet and computer along with all my electronics have been acting wacky so I'm sorry for no card yesterday I couldn't get in to post it! Dang electronics! Any way! Here's yesterdays card!


Here's what I used!!

Kraft Cardstock
White Gel Pen
Stampin' Up! 3 Hearts Punch
Corner Rounder
Cosmo Cricut Floral Paper Pad

Let's get started!!

Here I used the standard 4-1/4x5-1/2 and then I cut a piece of floral pattern paper from the Cosmo Cricut pad if you eyeball it the paper should look something like above. Then I rounded the corners of the inside pattern paper and the card itself. But I only did the top left and bottom right corners.


 Basically I did eyeball this again, but I trimmed the kraft cardstock 1-1/2x 3-5/8. I then added some dimensional adhesive to the back of it.


Here I used my heart punch and punched out four hearts out of two different pieces of patterned paper from the Cosmo Cricut paper pad again. I then adhered them vertically down the center of the Kraft square. Also place the kraft square higher on the card and leave a little space for a sentiment.


I added some stitching down the middle of the hearts, and then around the entire card. Next I used the My Minds Eye Clear Stamp Set and used some black ink. And that's it! Simple and easy!! Thanks for tuning in!

 

2 comments:

  1. I like the background flower print you used. The technique you used with only rounding the 'top' layer makes it 'pop'. This card is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know... this one looks good with or without the stitching. Great card.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete