Wednesday, March 7, 2012

30 Day Challenge Day Card # 3 - Friend Medallion


Hey everyone, I decided to stick with the medallion theme today : ). I wanted to make this card a little more masculineish haha minus the hearts.. But I love the punch! hahaha! But any way enjoy the tutorial!


Ok here is the supplies! I forgot to add the heart punch in this oopsies! But it wasn't hard to make!

Little Black Dress 6x6 paper pad
Stampin' Up! Teeny Tiny Stamp Set
White Gel Pen
Stampin' Up! Corner Rounder
Stampin' Up! 3/4 Circle Punch
Stampin' Up! 3 Hearts Punch
Scallop Edge Scissors
Kraft Cardstock
Black Ink
Martha Stewart Circle Cutter

There you go! Oh! and a little disclaimer.. The Marth Stewart Circle punch I use takes some practice to get used to.. I'd suggest putting it on a cuttlebug B Mat where it's raised up. But also the cutter blade is super super sharp so just be Careful! : )


I cut a piece of Kraft Cardstock 1-1/8 x 5 inches. Then I used some of the assorted patterned paper from the paper pad I cut them into various strip sizes. I then added adhesive to the cardstock and layerd the strips of paper diagonally.


The result should look something like this! Finish all the way to the other end layering different patterns next to each other. Once that was finished I turned it around and cut the excess off.


I adhered the patterned design we just made on to the standard        4-1/2 x 5 Kraft cardstock. Then I eyeballed the size of the width of the black cardstock but the length of it is 5 inches long. I then used the scallop scissors and trimmed the edge. I layered it over the strips of paper and adhered it down.


With the Martha Stewart Circle Cutter I cut out the creme patterned paper from the paper pad. The size of the circle is 2-7/16 And then with my circle punch I punched out a bunch of circles. I added adhesive to the edge of the circle and added then all around the edge on the back.


This is what the finished medallion should look like : )


Now add the medallion to the card and trim the edge of the piece hanging off the card.


I stamped in black ink this sentiment.


Finally I punched out hearts and adhered it to the middle of the medallion. I rounded the top orners of the card. Lastly I added some white stitching to the card. I hope you enjoy this card as much as I did! Thanks for tuning in! : )

Stay tuned in for 26 more days of cards!



5 comments:

  1. I copied this card x2 for the men in our family. They live on different ends of the state, so I doubt they will compare notes. I like your color scheme. In making the cards I realized I need more 'male' colored paper. Sounds like a good reason to go shopping.
    Really nice card-looking forward to tomorrow's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree with the manly themed paper. I don't seem to have the colors a lot. But thank you!

      Delete
  2. Good job on this one. I love the papers in that Little Black Dress pad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And me too! There's a few Lacey patterns in it that I'm in love with! Oh and by the way! I posted that video of my homemade bakers twine.

      Delete
  3. I love the colors and every thing you did on this card!! I really love the photos and directions! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete