Wednesday, March 14, 2012

30 Day Challenge Card # 8 - Everyday Card


Hello everyone! Here's today's card! I wanted to show you a fun shadowing technique that you can use with punched items and die cuts! Have fun reading on!


This is the supplie I used for today! I was testing out my lighting and it was kinda off so sorry for that!!

Stampin' Up! Heart Punch
Stampin' Up! Corner Rounder
EK Succes Heart border punch
Pink Cardstock
Dear Lizzy Paper Pad- Neopolitan
White Gel Pen
Dimensionals



Here I cut the Floral paper 1-1/8 x 5-6/8 and then I trimmed some polka dot paper 1-7/8 x 5-6/8. Then I trimmed the pink cardstock anny x 5-6/8.



Next I punched out 6 hearts. 3 in the floral pattern and 3 in the pink cardstock. I added small dimensionals on the front of the 3 floral hearts.


Now I added the pink hearts on top of the floral hearts.


 
Here I trimmed the pink cardstock with my heart border punch and adhered it to the back of the floral paper. Then I adhered the polka dot paper on the back of the floral and rounded the corners.
 
 
This is what the finished card should look like! Just adhere the 3 hearts virtically and adhere the design you just made to the card! You could add some white stiching if you'd like I wanted to bring the white out a little more in the card! Thanks for tuning in!
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Do you use craft board for you base card? It's kinda hard to see what you use. I have been following along and really like the cards you have been making.
    Glad your feeilng better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Carly, I think I have a "new" favorite in your series. I love, love, love this one, I think its the papers and colors.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog. I love the picture tutorials too. So easy to follow along. I am a new follower. Thanks for you work and sharing it too. Melissa aka Moxy77 on the cricut messageboard.

    ReplyDelete